Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #877

• 0kee
  • 0kee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My attachments don't seem to be going up. Maybe too many? OK. It deosnt like .csv files
All files mentioned in last couple of posts (screen shots, csv etc) can be accessed at the link below
www.dropbox.com/sh/ke8a4b29xrkjysz/BSZK1KoCB2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 0kee. Reason: unable to upload

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #878

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
hi Karl,

Can we take a step back for a second - when you say that "it doesn't save" with the asfunction: in, what exactly do you mean? How do you know that it doesn't save? If you hit Publish with asfunction: in and then close the editor and then edit the LO again, is the asfunction: still there? If that is the case then it DOES save but perhaps the engine is the thing that is to blame when rendering the LO...

So, when you save and then Preview what exactly do you see? do you see the page in the LO with the data you had before the last save?

I'm trying to establish whether it is the saving that is broken or the rendering of the saved LO...

John

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #880

• 0kee
Hi John,
Thanks for sticking with this. Yes when I enter "asfunction:" press publish, then press play. I do not see "asfunction:" in the text area where it should be. If I return to the editor and close it. When I open the editor again it is gone.
When I Publish and preview I see only changes that have been made before the previous publish (before asfunction: was entered). If I close the editor all changes are lost.
Just to check I changed the LO to Flash in the properties to see if the problem was with HTML but it is the same. Won't save.
Thanks
Karl

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #881

• JohnSmith
Hi,

No worries, I really want to solve this one as it is odd and definitely not common...

Ok so it's not doiing that here but is for you. Can you confirm the browser (Chrome ??) you are using and the Flash version? Does the problem happen in all browsers, IE and Firefox too?

Have you managed to find the Dev Console (press F12 when the editor is open) and the save.php entry? If you open the dev console and then click the network tab then you should see on the left a list of files downloaded (or it will be empty). Don't close the window but go back to the editor window and click attempt to save. Go back to the dev window and the last entry should be save.php. If you click that then you will see the data that was sent to the server. I think the field that you need is filedata. Copy that and past it in the forum.

Try with asfunction: not present and then try again with asfunction: present. Does the latter still produce a new save.php entry? If it does then the problem may be your server - if it doesn't then the problem may be your browser/flash version or computer...

John

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #882

• 0kee
I'm currently using Chrome but the same is happening in Firefox and IE 10. I'm not getting the Developer Tools option in Chrome for the editor window (presumably because it's flash based?). When I open the dev console for the preview window nothing comes up under the Network tab when I press Publish in the editor window. When I press Play I get about 38 files, none of which are save.php. I posted up screen shots and csv files (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ke8a4b29xrkjysz/BSZK1KoCB2) of this in a previous post last night.
Do you want me to create an account for you in our install so you can see for yourself. Maybe I'm just looking at this too long. You may well see something I'm missing straight away.

Unable to edit existing LO 10 years 6 months ago #884

• JohnSmith
Hi

you should still get the development tools as the flash editor is in an htm page.

If you can create an account then i'd be happy to take a look - very curious as to the cause - if you send details to jjs (@) gcu.ac.uk then i will look asap

John

Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search