Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.

TOPIC:

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #596

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
I see that you have now managed to install... but are getting a database connection error. At least we are a bit further forward...

Please double check your details - if you wish to go back through the setup again then you need to delete the file /database.php

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #597

• Bernie123
  • Bernie123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
HI John,

Yes thanks I was taking a break from set up to review the htaccess to try to work out where the blockage was. Because no point continuing as you say if the site will not work without the ? at end of line code.

The htaccess access was modified following a security problem we had last year its a standard
htaccess code written by "Better WP Security" So I cannot believe I will be the last with this problem.

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #598

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi,

It might not actually be a problem for you, for example s-c-s-ltd.co.uk/Xtraining/setup/file_system_test.php?t=1 works fine. It is only when the querystring is BLANK that the rule seems to break... we'll be making a change to the code soon to stop the need for that

Regards,

John

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #599

• Bernie123
OK

As you say this moving forward BUT

I get ths error after page 3:

This may be because the database server is offline, or this instance of Xerte has not been setup (see /setup).

The mysql error is Access denied for user 'scsltdco_bernie3'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I can access teh database through the server fine

with the password I have allocated and the database.php file contains the right names and password which is not YES

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #600

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi,

The YES is part of the message returned by the database and is fine - it just indicates that you used a password and not anonymous access..

The error suggests that either the username scsltdco_bernie3 is wrong (which I assume is not) or that the password is wrong (which I'll again assume is not). This only leave that the database is not actually on the same server as the webserver. This is often the case with these shared hosting solutions.

Please try to find the url/ip address that points to the database server from your control panel or technical support.

John

Installation Issue 10 years 8 months ago #601

• Bernie123
Hi John,

Thanks first of all for taking all this trouble....I know how frustrating these tech support issues can be

OK location of database in set up other programmes using sql database its always been the localhost.
Or does your software need inclusion of the root access ie scsltdco?

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search