Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte slides exported in to a Word document - Is this possible? 2 years 2 months ago #7947

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte forum,

A colleague has asked the following question, would any of you know the answer?

"I have been looking into how we can completely export the Xerte slides into a word document file and I have not been able to find any solution for that".

Please let me know if you know.
Many thanks
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte slides exported in to a Word document - Is this possible? 2 years 2 months ago #7948

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi Anne
the short answer here is that there is no export to Word and when you think about how and why Xerte is used e.g. for e-learning resources with rich media and all sorts of navigation and interaction it's unlikely there could ever be an effective way or reason to do this. I.E. You can't export all the media and interactions to Word that simply wouldn't work.

However I guess it depends on why your colleague wishes to do this?
Most text and image elements on a Xerte page can be selected so you could go through page by page and select relevant content and paste into an empty word document.
You could copy the ID of your LO and visit the /print address of your install to view multiple pages in one go and again copy and paste into an empty word document.
You could also use the /print address or a print button in your LO to 'Print to PDF' if you have that option under your print options. That would generate a pdf that might suffice on it's own or could be opened and converted in Word or Google Docs etc. However as I say how successful and effective this would be would depend on the contents of each LO and the reason for wanting to do this. Normally users start with a Word or PowerPoint resource and want to make it more accessible and interactive in Xerte in which case they already have the original format .doc or ppt etc.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Xerte slides exported in to a Word document - Is this possible? 2 years 2 months ago #7951

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your quick reply. I think my colleague may be comparing the feature available in an e-learning software, whereby it can be published out as Word.

But it could be that 'Print to PDF' will be of interest to my colleague.

Could you or someone on the Xerte community site provide the code so that the complete Xerte package can 'print to PDF'?
Don't worry if that is not possible, as my colleague has been provided with the options you kindly provided Ron in your reply.

Many thanks
Anne

Xerte slides exported in to a Word document - Is this possible? 2 years 2 months ago #7952

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi Anne
print to pdf may or may not be an option when you select print on your computer (where you select which printer to use) it isn't xerte code.
My point was if you visit yoursiteaddress/print and follow the instructions to print a range of pages from your LO then you may be able to select print to pdf rather than printing to a printer.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: annem

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search