Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 4 months ago #7737

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all on the Xerte community,

I am using the Multiple choice quiz page type and my quiz answers are all correct and I also include an answer with the label 'all of the above'.
Therefore the end-user can either tick all of the answer options as being correct (which would be correct), or the end-user can tick the 'all of the above' answer option which is located as the last answer option in the list, and selecting 'All of the above' will be correct. I have solved the feedback to show the single 'you are correct' feedback, when the end-user selects 'All of the above' (by deleting the text in the language for incorrect answer).

However, if the end-user ticks perhaps 3 out of the 5 correct answers, the feedback stating 'you are correct' is displayed 3 times (see screenshot attached). Is there anything I can do to show that 'You are correct' feedback once, after the end-user has selected 3 correct options?

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Anne
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 4 months ago #7738

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Anne
I'm not sure whether you are using the MCQ page or the quiz page. If it's the MCQ page then I think it's best if you remove the text from the individual feedback boxes for each answer option, remove the text for all correct/incorrect from the language options and then add the Feedback optional property to the page. That feedback will appear regardless of what answers the student selects and could be something generic like ' All of the above are correct answers because.....'. There is a similar feedback optional property you can add to each question if you are using the quiz page (depending on what version of Xerte you are running)

I don't think there's another easy way to do what you are after as the automatic marking won't work (it would need you to select all answers, including 'all of the above', to mark as correct which wouldn't be logical.

Hope this helps
Fay

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 4 months ago #7739

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Fay,
Thank you for letting me know how I can achieve this, and I will try it out.
Best wishes
Anne

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 2 months ago #7844

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Fay and the Xerte Community,

Thank you Fay for providing the solution to my query regarding having an option of an answer 'All of the above' in the 'Interactivity > Multiple Choice' page type.

The MCQ works in that by making the changes suggested on this post, I now have displayed one answer, "All of the above are correct answers", which is what I wanted to achieve, so that is good.

However, there are now problems with the Results page.

I am using the Results page at the end of the Xerte.

When I play the Xerte and on the multiple choice quiz page, select the one answer option 'All of the above', as the correct answer option (because it is the correct answer), the Results page does not identify that answer 'All of the above' as being correct, and marks it as incorrect.

I have set all the MCQ correct answers including 'All of the above' answer option as 'True'. But the Results page does not reflect the correct answer given.

If I tick all the options so that I select all the answers as correct, apart from the 'All of the above' answer, I do get the one answer displayed, "All of the above are correct answers", which I what I wanted to achieve.

But the Results page is still saying that I did not get that answer to that quiz question correct.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Anne

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 2 months ago #7857

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Anne

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a way around this. The only way the results page will show the question as having been answered correctly is if you select all the 'true' answers - but this isn't something that makes sense for the user to do with the way the question is worded. There would need to be a way of specifying that there is more than one way for the question to be answered correctly but I can't think of an easy way for this to be done - even if we were to make changes to the page code itself

Fay

Multiple Choice Quiz - all above answers correct 2 years 2 months ago #7862

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Fay,
Okay, thanks for looking in to this and your reply.
Best wishes
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search