Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how to hyperlink in a Media Lesson to a specific time in the video 4 years 6 months ago #5966

• olihaslam
  • olihaslam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm using the Media Lesson page to make a series of lessons about basic maths (with Vimeo and YouTube videos) and want to find a way for the students to skip forward to a specific part of the video, where a test question is presented. Does anyone know how I can do this? I know you can hyperlink to specific parts of a video on Vimeo or Youtube but I don't see how to do it in a Xerte Media Lesson.

To be clear, I want students to be able to watch the whole video in the Media Lesson if they wish but also to give them the option (e.g. a hyperlink in one of the panes) to go directly to a specific time in the video.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Oli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to hyperlink in a Media Lesson to a specific time in the video 4 years 6 months ago #5967

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
You can do this by adding a MCQ question to a pane. Add a MCQ question with one answer to a pane, then add the go to synch point optional property to the answer option & set it to the time you want the video to jump to. If you change the 'question type' of the MCQ to buttons then the answer option(s) will appear as button rather than a radio/check box so it won't look like a normal MCQ. You can also leave the question section of the MCQ blank so all it is adding to the pane is the button.

I hope this helps
Fay
The following user(s) said Thank You: olihaslam

how to hyperlink in a Media Lesson to a specific time in the video 4 years 6 months ago #5968

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Oli
to demo what Fay has described you can see an extreme example of this in one of our Future Teacher LOs here:
xot.futureteacher.eu/play.php?template_id=171#resume=21
where I added 21 buttons/sync points and you can download that LO here:
xot.futureteacher.eu/website_code/php/sc...alse&template_id=171
and import the download into your own install to see how it was built.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: olihaslam

how to hyperlink in a Media Lesson to a specific time in the video 4 years 6 months ago #5969

• olihaslam
  • olihaslam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for the instructions, Fay, and the example, Ron. It works really nicely now!
Cheers
Oli

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search