Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 5 months ago #1042

• 0kee
  • 0kee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I’ve hit a problem with the Youtube embed page. Previously to this we were embedding Youtube videos using just the URL (https as per Tom’s previous instructions) and they have been working just fine. Recently however this has stopped working (the ones previously done are still fine, we just can’t get any new pages working). I have tried the Youtube embed code <iframe> as supplied by Youtube, with http added and with https added. All of these resulted in me being unable to save the page. I then just added the URL with https and the page saved but I got an “error loading” box (attached screenshot) rather than an embedded video. I have checked the forum and applied the fix suggested by John at the link below (uploaded new youtube.html file) however still no luck.
www.xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_ku...2&Itemid=207&lang=en
Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. I’m under a bit of time pressure and I need these video pages.
Many thanks,
Karl
P.S. Our embed page template is not working either, this is not a priority at the moment, I’m only mentioning it as is seems like it could be related.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 5 months ago #1043

• 0kee
Just to make an addition to the above issue. If I add a new video to a Youtube page that was created before this issue arose and therefore is working (i change the URL to a different Youtube video) the new video embeds fine? Yet if I create a new Youtube page I get the error outlined above.

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 4 months ago #1062

• 0kee
We are still experiencing problems with the Youtube embed page. The LO is not saving or previewing any updates. About half a minute after pressing pressing publish I would get the following in the console

GET atcourse.org/crossdomain.xml 404 (Not Found) atcourse.org/crossdomain.xml:1

and the pages would not be saved or come up in the preview. Server was accessible. Is this xml file not being produced? Is this caused by our ongoing trouble with he Youtube enbed page?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Karl
Attachments:

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 4 months ago #1063

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Karl,

There is no crossdomain.xml file in XOT but it could be causing some if not all of your problems...

The crossdomain.xml file is used by Flash to grant or deny permisions across domains (see here www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media-server/...l-for-streaming.html) but what you are trying to do should all be happening on the same domain... so not applicable... however...

http and https are treated as different domains, as are www1.website.com and www2.website.com

I see that you are accessing the editor at www.atcourse.org but the crossdomain.xml file is being accessed at atcourse.org (note the missing www.) - these are NOT classed as being the same domain so you should check in management.php that your base url scheme and any subdomains are configured properly...

Regards,

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0kee

Last edit: by JohnSmith.

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 4 months ago #1065

• 0kee
Hi John,
First of all thank you very much, you were right. I have Xerte installed on an addon domain so its URL is actually atcourse.org/xerte but the installer had identified it as www.atcourse.org/xerte
When I changed this in the management.php I was immediately able to fix many of the Youtube pages that had been causing us problems. It also fixed the embed page issue.
For some reason I’m still having problems with one of the Youtube Pages in a particular LO (see attached screenshot). It will not save with a youtube url in the embed box. The console is saying:

POST atcourse.org/xerte/modules/xerte/engine/save.php 404 (Not Found) /xerte/modules/xerte/engine/save.php:1

Yet if I delete the Youtube page it saves/updates all other page types (that I’ve tested) fine with no error in the console. I have tried many different URLs and embed codes but always get the same results. The strange thing is if I create this exact page in a different LO there is no problem. Could this LO have become corrupt? If so can you recommend any fixes? When looking at the save.php file I noticed that it seems to be supposed to give feedback (“saved” or “failed to save”). Should it?
Attachments:

Youtube Embed Issue 10 years 4 months ago #1068

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Karl,

Glad that sorted some of your issues. As for the 'bad' Youtube page, I suspect that the XML has somehow become corrupt. Are you able to export the LO and send it to me so that I can try to reproduce the issue?

Also, something you could try first. You say that if you recreate the page in a new LO then it works fine... what if you make a copy of the LO with the bad page. Does the copy still exhibit the same issues?

John

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search