Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 6 months ago #7695

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Sorry forgot to attached the updated model file which is in the attached zip :-(
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 6 months ago #7696

• Huzar
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks very much for that, Ron. I have passed the file to our developer.

I've added a file showing an audio player colour contrast example.

File Attachment:

File Name: Audioplaye...ols.docx
File Size:75 KB

I have also noticed that on this page a screen reader goes to the audio player first and then the text on the left, whereas it is written to read the introductory text on the left first and then listen to the podcast. I couldn't find a way to amend the order. With other video page templates it is possible to read the text first and then watch the video. Is there a way to change the reading order or does it need a tweak?

Many thanks,
Geri
Attachments:

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 6 months ago #7697

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Geri
I've looked at both the screenshot and the link in your attachment but I don't understand - what are you using to cause that light green background and lack of contrast in the audio player controls? Are you using a custom style sheet to cause that or custom theme or a browser extension? Or indeed an accessibility checker?
I can't see that any of our bundled Xerte themes cause that. And accessibility checkers can cause and falsely report issues like this if that's what you are using. Please provide more details/steps for us to replicate what's in your screenshot?

Regarding the reading order I can see what you mean with your example and I've looked at that in the code locally too. I can see why that is happening but what I thought might be a quick fix doesn't work so needs more investigation and changes that I have time for right now. However in the meantime I would suggest one of the following:
#1 If you are using the graphic and sound page because you like the transcript feature on that page but you want the page text read first change the Text Align option to Top. That will display the text above the image and read that first.
#2 use one of the other page types where this does work the way you want.

I'll list this as an issue to resolve but because of the different layout options with that page type and the need to maintain backwards compatibility it isn't as simple as it may seem.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Last edit: by ronm.

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 6 months ago #7702

• Huzar
Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your speedy response, as always. I'll double check the colour issue and get back to you.

Also, thank you for your suggestions about the reading order. Sorry to hear it isn't that easy to fix.

I'm on annual leave from tomorrow, so will probably be in touch again next week.

Best wishes,
Geri

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 6 months ago #7713

• Huzar
Hi Ron,

The colour issue has started an interesting conversation here about testing the ability to change colour on a website and what to use to do this. We will continue the discussion here and I will get back to you if needed.

Thank you for all your help :-)

Geri

Quizzes and audio player controls 2 years 5 months ago #7717

• Huzar
Hi Ron,

Hope you're well.

We've found that although NVDA works okay with the quizzes after adding the developer code, JAWS behaves differently. A couple of colleagues have also tested the page using JAWS and come up with slightly different issues. I don't know if you have any suggestions as to why this is happening? We have removed the updated developer code from our activities, but before doing this I recorded navigating the quiz with JAWS and NVDA. I thought the comparison might help.

Best wishes,
Geri
Attachments:

NVDAandXerte.mp4

JAWSandXerte.mp4

Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search