Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Business Case for Xerte 9 years 11 months ago #1853

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
If there is keenness I'd also be 'keen' to know what the reasons might be to prevent implementation by next term? I'm not dismissing the importance of longer term strategy or the value of policies and procedures but in my experience discussions and progress in this area fall foul of a one size fits all approach wheere for instance implementation of XOT is treated the same and yet in reality is no comparison to the complexities of implementation of march larger systems such as a vle or eportfolio system. Also the sooner you have access the quicker you can begine the much longer process of embedding and supporting etc - there's always external hosting as a first step. I'm hoping to cover some of this during the next Xerte Friday session next week.
Regards
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Business Case for Xerte 9 years 11 months ago #1854

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
If there is keenness I'd also be 'keen' to know what the reasons might be to prevent implementation by next term? I'm not dismissing the importance of longer term strategy or the value of policies and procedures but in my experience discussions and progress in this area fall foul of a one size fits all approach wheere for instance implementation of XOT is treated the same and yet in reality is no comparison to the complexities of implementation of march larger systems such as a vle or eportfolio system. Also the sooner you have access the quicker you can begin the much longer process of embedding and supporting etc - there's always external hosting as a first step. I'm hoping to cover some of this during the next Xerte Friday session next week.
Regards
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Business Case for Xerte 9 years 11 months ago #1855

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Ron,

Yes, I agree with your comments. Like a lot of universities we have a busy summer programme of rollovers, upgrades, new software etc so I suspect they don't want to over burden the existing resources with another thing to install, configure, rollout. I'll keep on the case though as there is huge potential for staff and students.

thanks
Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search