Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.

TOPIC:

Questions 10 years 2 months ago #1212

• Susie2014
  • Susie2014's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear all,

I have some urgent queries in the attached file regarding the Xerte online toolkit. Could any developer kindly give suggestion on one or more queries? Many thanks for your time in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Susie2014.

Urgent help needed 10 years 2 months ago #1213

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Susie,

Since XOT is open source (source available at github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits) anything is possible given enough time to add the code to make these changes...

Looking quickly though at some of the points:

1a) It's certainly possible (although not with the current code) although you would need a way of indicating to the system what sections and subsections a page are in and i'm not sure that there is an easy way to do that just now... You could always do it with page name prefixes such as 3.1, 3.2 etc that are stripped out before presentation to end user...

b) Again, yes but you would need a way to indicate that the page was a section start...

c) Using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) you can change the icon to an image that says "Contents"

d) That should be easy to implement and should have been included I agree - i've added it to the issues on Github ( github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/issues/47 )

2a) Yes, they can be moved using CSS

b) Yes, CSS again

3a) Since the LO is now HTML5, this should be handled by the browser's built in zoom, Ctrl+/-/0 (or Cmd +/-/0 on a Mac).

b) Using CSS it should be.

4a) You can change these in the Language option of the Learning Object, in the editor. You might have to edit the translation in the language file though or create a new language...

b) You can change these, I suspect, by clicking the "Show Language Options" on that page - it shouldn't be greyed out on some of the pages where it is used.

c) You could again use CSS or JavaScript to change the background colour. The trouble would be in setting the colour for that page since there is no option in the editor on most, if not all, pages for this. It can be added though.

Regards,

John Smith
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie2014, Hellson

Urgent help needed 10 years 2 months ago #1214

• Susie2014
Hi John,

Many thanks for the quick reply indeed! Since I have only been the users of the toolkit and never a developer, this may be a silly question: what you have replied need to be done from the server or somewhere else?

BTW, because our learning materials need to be translated into six other languages, the above modifications related to languages can be done in the same server or not? I have no idea.

Regards,
Susie

Urgent help needed 10 years 2 months ago #1215

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Susie,

Some of it needs developed, some of it can be done on the server and some can be done as a creator of the LO.

For example, 4b, if you edit the Learning Object, go to that page and look at the bottom of the page then the optional "Show Language Options" should now be active. tick the box and you will see that you can enter new text for some of the terms, although not them all most likely.

You can also attach a CSS file by clicking on the Learning Object Optional Properties and selecting "Stylesheet" and then press the Add button. You can then attach a stylesheet (assumes that you know how to code in CSS markup) and you can override a lot of the layout/presentation properties.

The language changes to the tooltips might need the language files edited on the server...

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie2014

Last edit: by JohnSmith.

Urgent help needed 10 years 1 month ago #1373

• Susie2014
Hi John,

Would you please tell me where I can find the language file to be edited on the server? Which folder is it on the server?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Urgent help needed 10 years 1 month ago #1376

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
In the folder languages. The toolips are in the engine xml files
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie2014

Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search