Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Style being added to Page Introduction optional property instead of page text 1 week 5 days ago #9074

• xlearn
  • xlearn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
When trying to add a speech bubble style to the page text area, the text in the optional property: introduction is changed instead. See the video of this bug.Can anyone else replicate this? I tried this on our local theme but also on the Future Teacher theme and the XOT original theme. Same issue. Thanks!
york.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/View...f2-8144-b1930092e342

Please Connexion or Create an account to join the conversation.

Style being added to Page Introduction optional property instead of page text 1 week 4 days ago #9076

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Hi Lilian
You've found a really odd bug and I can't explain it at the moment! It seems to happen whenever there is more than one large text field shown in the editor - the speech bubble will always be applied to the last one. It's odd as the other styles are all applied as expected, except for the speech bubbles. I'll have a look into it and see if I can work out what's going on.
Thanks for reporting it
Fay

Style being added to Page Introduction optional property instead of page text 1 week 4 days ago #9077

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 248
Hi Lilian
as Fay said this is really odd and I've done some testing and we need to investigate further because it's very strange that it hasn't cropped up previously. A few comments:
It's not specific to 3.12 because I went as far back as 3.9 and can replicate it there too.
It's also not specific to the project/page intro functionality because it happens wherever there are multiple text boxes shown in the editor at the same time like orientation and summary and those pages have existed for years. Likewise it only seems to happen where there are 2 or more text boxes displayed at the same time in the editor and many of the page types don't do that so they still work fine.
Also the speech bubble styles work fine if you add them via source so it seems likely to be to do with the script behind the editor functionality that identifies what to wrap with the div and style.
What this does mean is there is a workaround you could use for now...
Add a plain text page and/or use the bottom text box in your page to style the text as you want it.
Then cut that and paste it where you want it in the top or other text boxes.
You might need to use source view if you are trying to add this within other text/styles etc.

We'll try to fine a fix and will report back here if/when we do.
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Last edit: by ronm.
  • Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search