Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RSS template - output in HTML5 9 years 8 months ago #2108

• GazL2006
  • GazL2006's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,
The RSS template in Xerte 2.1 only works if the project is set to output in Flash. Are the any plans to upgrade the RSS template (Similar to the RSS Feed in XOT ) so it can outputs in HTML5?

Regards, Garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RSS template - output in HTML5 9 years 8 months ago #2111

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
the main point of that RSS template is to manually create RSS feeds via an easy to use interface rather than writing code etc. Although the LO plays via the flash engine really the point is to share the RSS link created for use in an RSS reader or feed consumer etc So although the LO plays via the Flash engine I don't think that project template is used much in that way, it's simply used to generate the xml, copy the feed link and share that somewhere and for that to happen you don't really need a HTML 5 player especially as you currently need Flash to create the feed in the first place. That said once the work on the new editor is finished perhaps it would be useful to build a HTML 5 player view of the RSS template and I've always thought it would be good to extend that template anyway to allow media upload and for instance to create podcast feeds in the same way.

In short no HTML 5 playback of the RSS template doesn't currently exists but there might be justification to look at this in future and to extend the functionality at the same time.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

RSS template - output in HTML5 9 years 8 months ago #2113

• GazL2006
  • GazL2006's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the considered and detailed response. I’ll feedback your reply to the staff member who raised the call to our IT helpdesk

Regards, Garry

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search