• Page:

TOPIC:

Adding audio tracks to XOT pages 9 years 11 months ago #1831

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I am using XOT 1.8 Flash and was trying to use some of the pages types that allow the user to create buttons, tabs, slideshows, etc. to deliver different chunks or paragraphs of information, but could not find one that would allow me to add an audio track. Maybe I'm missing it, but the properties drop down for those pages (also for the latest version) don't seem to allow the addition of narration which would improve the retention. There may be a way to 'synch' audio or use synchpoint but that seemed more effort than I had time for. Also - it would be very useful to have a property to 'autoplay' audio when you go to a page... this I am doing in the desktop version but don't see a way to do in XOT. The audio slider sits in the upper left of the screen and it is very easy for the student to miss it, also arguably they shouldn't have to click on every page. Just my comments. Thanks. RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adding audio tracks to XOT pages 9 years 10 months ago #1883

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Also - XOT v2.1 - there are some pages/sub pages like the 'thumbnail viewer' page and the 'slideshow' page which would really benefit from having the ability to add audio to the 'sub pages'. This would enhance learning.

Adding audio tracks to XOT pages 9 years 10 months ago #1890

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Thanks Ron, we'll look into it...

Adding audio tracks to XOT pages 9 years 10 months ago #1905

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Another nice-to-have suggestion John (tho I'm sure your cup runneth over) is some way to autoplay the audio files. I know there is a property there now on many pages to do that, but a way to allow the user to turn on / off a checkbox to set that variable. So - on the start of the course they might check to play audio automatically, then uncheck it if they don't want that, and it would apply globally.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search