TOPIC:

Xerte User Metrics -Admin panel 2 years 4 weeks ago #8008

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Morning all,

I'd like to know if user metrics for the Xerte Admin panel are on the roadmap for future Xerte releases. I posted about this 3yrs ago and would be interested in any update. One item I would like to add to this list is the ability to email announcements to active Xerte user accounts.

Hi Fay,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, this would definitely be very useful. Certainly at my institution there is an expectation of reporting on user metrics to determine how well a service is used. I don't have access to the database so would need to put in a request for someone to extract that information and that has cost implications.

Besides these:
Number of users

Number of active users (those with projects)

Number of LO's

Number of public LOs

Number of LOs set to private

Number of plays per LO.

I'd also like to see metrics on:
Number of LOs set to shared
Number of Exports and type of Export

Ability to export that information as a .csv file would be good too.

If I think of anymore before January, I'll let you know.
Thanks
Alison

Thanks,
Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte User Metrics -Admin panel 2 years 4 weeks ago #8009

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi Alison
2 quick comments...
#1 I'm afraid the ability to send email announcements to active Xerte users from Xerte is unlikely because in most cases, especially if you use LDAP etc rather than manual accounts, Xerte doesn't contain any user email details. Also in my experience, especially for those who look after their own installation, email processing isn't even configured on the server. I know some organisations use their VLEs or other internal systems to manage Xerte users/groups and communicate that way which is then 2 way rather than one way. I'm sure you probably do the same anyway?

#2 We do have detailed reporting code that generates what you have described and much more and also separate code that provides some of that as well as other advantages, but I'm afraid at the moment neither are part of core Xerte and are installed and managed separately on the installations we are directly contracted to look after. We have discussed including a more basic form of some of this in management but I'm not sure when that might happen. Some of the developments that appear in future releases are funded by organisations who want specific features sooner rather than later then agree for those developments they have funded to be included in core Xerte for everyone - is this something you might have a budget for?

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Xerte User Metrics -Admin panel 1 year 11 months ago #8081

• A511197
  • A511197's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Ron,

Apologies for the late response on your reply.

Regarding your response to #2. If you could provide me with more details about what is possible with the 'detailed reporting code' I can add this as a recommendation to our business case.

many thanks,
Alison
If you can use Lego, you can use Xerte

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search