Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tsugi LTI running in Moodle launch error - Session expired - please re-launch 3 years 10 months ago #6607

• james.pearce.bath.ac.uk
  • james.pearce.bath.ac.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Xerte version: 3.7 Moodle version: 3.5
We have been trying get a xerte learning object running in Moodle using Tsugi LTI.
We have followed the instructions at the following url
xot.xerte.org.uk / play.php?template_id=88#page1
Tsugi seems to be configured correctly, we have added a key and secret. The xerte learning object itself is working within xerte fine.
We have configured an external tool on Moodle and added the url, key and secret from xerte. When the external tool is launched the page opens and the xerte learning object is called, the object does not start but the error 'Session expired - please re-launch' is displayed.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is there some setting that has not been configured correctly, any advice would be great. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tsugi LTI running in Moodle launch error - Session expired - please re-launch 3 years 10 months ago #6608

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Are you using Moodle authentication for Xerte? In that case, yes I've seen this before.

Regrettably there is a conflict between Moodle's session handling and some of Tsugi's global variables.
You can find a patch in the Xerte installation in the folder tsugi_patch:
tsugi_patch/vendor/tsugi/lib/include/setup.php
Place this setup file in
tsugi/vendor/tsugi/lib/include/setup.php

Hope this helps.

Last edit: by tom.

Tsugi LTI running in Moodle launch error - Session expired - please re-launch 3 years 10 months ago #6609

• james.pearce.bath.ac.uk
  • james.pearce.bath.ac.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Tom, I can't see the tsugi_patch directory in the code. Is there a repository of the code somewhere I can use?

Tsugi LTI running in Moodle launch error - Session expired - please re-launch 3 years 10 months ago #6611

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
You can find find it here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/develop/tsugi_patch/vendor/tsugi/lib/include/setup.php

Tsugi LTI running in Moodle launch error - Session expired - please re-launch 3 years 10 months ago #6612

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
just to add a comment here that although Tom has shared the link to the tsugi patch that patch is also included in more recent version downloads from xerte.org.uk and I notice that you mention that you are using Xerte 3.7. Back in March we strongly advised everyone using Xerte to upgrade to 3.8.5 particularly because of some security fixes xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/news/blog/80-n...update-now-available and since then there have been some additional updates to 3.8.5x too. I would strongly advise that you upgrade to the latest version from xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/downloads-1/ca...erte-online-toolkits and then add the tsugi patch which is part of that download.

Between us Tom and I look after and have upgraded many installations and you should have no concerns about upgrading your 3.7 installation and indeed quite the opposite you should have concerns with continuing to use 3.7.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Moderators: ingdonJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search