Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fresh installation not working 1 month 1 week ago #8957

• tsalyers
  • tsalyers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. After not having much luck with attempting to move an existing installation over to a new server (see my other thread: xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/forum/installa...tion-to-a-new-server ), I decided to go back to square one and start with a completely fresh installation. I dropped the existing toolkits_data database, removed the existing XOT installation entirely, and then downloaded the latest zip file and ran setup as per a usual XOT installation.

The setup ran normally--all initial checks passed, and the "Installation succeeded" message showed. However, trying to go to the main page gives me a 500 internal server error. I've turned on the development setting, but no errors show up in the debug log. However, this shows up in the php8.1-fpm log:

[19-Mar-2024 10:28:38] WARNING: [pool www] child 89752 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function needsLogin() on null in /var/www/html/website_code/php/login_library.php:411"
[19-Mar-2024 10:28:38] WARNING: [pool www] child 89752 said into stderr: "Stack trace:"
[19-Mar-2024 10:28:38] WARNING: [pool www] child 89752 said into stderr: "#0 /var/www/html/index.php(50): login_processing()"
[19-Mar-2024 10:28:38] WARNING: [pool www] child 89752 said into stderr: "#1 {main}"
[19-Mar-2024 10:28:38] WARNING: [pool www] child 89752 said into stderr: " thrown in /var/www/html/website_code/php/login_library.php on line 411"

Meanwhile, I can go to the management page and log in okay, but then I'm presented with another blank page and 500 error. This shows up in php8.1-fpm.log:

[19-Mar-2024 10:47:04] WARNING: [pool www] child 89751 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: Failed to load language file for Xerte - en-GB/editor/js/vendor/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"
[19-Mar-2024 10:47:04] WARNING: [pool www] child 89751 said into stderr: "NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function canManageUser() on null in /var/www/html/management.php:271"
[19-Mar-2024 10:47:04] WARNING: [pool www] child 89751 said into stderr: "Stack trace:"
[19-Mar-2024 10:47:04] WARNING: [pool www] child 89751 said into stderr: "#0 {main}"
[19-Mar-2024 10:47:04] WARNING: [pool www] child 89751 said into stderr: " thrown in /var/www/html/management.php on line 271"

A similar message shows in the Nginx error log:

2024/03/19 10:47:04 [error] 89763#89763: *11 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Failed to load language file for Xerte - en-GB/editor/js/vendor/jquery-1.9.1.min.jsPHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function canManageUser() on null in /var/www/html/management.php:271

I've looked in my installation, and while jquery-1.9.1.min.js *does* exist (in editor/js/vendor) , there doesn't appear to be an instance of it in languages/en-GB/editor/js/vendor/ -- in fact, in my installation nothing exists under languages/en-GB/editor/js except a script called import-choose.js.

Have I missed a step somewhere, or is there not a symlink getting set, or is something even weirder going on? Please let me know. I did actually get this working once, and I'd like to do it again. :) Thanks!

Some details:

Web server: Nginx 1.18 running php8.1-fpm
Database: MySQL 8.0.36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fresh installation not working 1 month 6 days ago #8958

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Although I am not using NGINX, but Apache I do run similar configured servers myself (ubuntu 22.04, apache, mysql 8, php8.1-fpm)

Both error have to do with the authentication methods. It looks like the Authentication Factory does not work. Do you have a typo in the auth mechanism in your database (in the sitedetails table).

Both errors point to members of the authentication class.

Fresh installation not working 1 month 6 days ago #8959

• tsalyers
Hi, Tom.

Thanks for getting back to me. There aren't any typos as far as I can tell, and the authentication is set up identically to the old (working) server. This is from the sitedetails table:

mysql> select authentication_method from sitedetails;
authentication_method
Ldap

I had to reformat that a little because it was displaying weirdly here, but that Ldap value is from the dropdown displayed in the setup. All the other settings (LDAP filter, etc.) are the same as on the other server.

Last edit: by tsalyers.

Fresh installation not working 1 month 6 days ago #8960

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
LDAP extension is active? Although I certainly would have expected an error about that in the php errorlog if it was not.

Fresh installation not working 1 month 5 days ago #8961

• tsalyers
It looks like the LDAP extension wasn't active before, but even after installing/enabling it and confirming with php -m and phpinfo(), the same problem is still happening.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search