Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Individual user: Xerte installed but cannot login 3 months 1 week ago #8853

• CatherineShipley
  • CatherineShipley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I have had the latest software installed (by IT) on my laptop as an individual user, but when I try to login nothing happens.
Am I logging in at the correct page? Do I need to execute files before using? Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Many thanks Catherine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Individual user: Xerte installed but cannot login 3 months 1 week ago #8854

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
you haven't really provided enough info and it sounds like you need to refer this back to your IT colleagues. But a few comments...
If you mean that your IT team have installed the latest version of Xerte on your laptop then typically that means they have installed a local webserver first (usually something called xampp) and then they have installed Xerte.
When Xerte is first installed they are prompted to create an admin account and that admin account is only used for management of the installation it's not an account used to create projects.
Whoever is doing the installation also has to choose and set an authentication method and if for instance they choose 'database' as that method then they also have to then create a user account via the management area and then for instance in your case tell you the details of that account.
You would then access the xerte install via the web browser on your computer and typically using an address like //localhost/xertetoolkits
You might also need to first start xampp (if that is what has been used) and also the Apache and MySQL components of that (unless they are set to start automatically) before you can access Xerte via the web browser.
If your IT team have set this up for you correctly they should also have provided you with the relevant instructions.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ronm.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search