Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Click Publish Button - Get Session is invalid or expired 1 year 8 months ago #8320

• gswan
  • gswan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We are evaluating Xerte and it looks like a fit. The evaluation is on my development machine.
One issue I'm having is when I try to publish a project by clicking the button, Yes, I get a popup window, but it says the Session is invalid or expired.

Cleared all cookies and ran again.
In the console/storage, I see the PHPSESSID:"48ad5780a8666f9c9c0203d7d20e5b41"

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Click Publish Button - Get Session is invalid or expired 1 year 8 months ago #8321

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
it looks like you've found a small bug that's we'll fix asap. However this isn't a problem in normal usage and at first I wondered what you meant about clicking publish and getting a pop-up window but after investigating I understand what you mean. I'll explain...

I rarely use that publish button to the right of all the buttons at the top pf the workspace. Normally the workflow is you have an editor window open to create/edit one of your LOs and you click play/preview or publish from there. I'm guessing that works for you?

Now the Publish button you have been using should also work but isn't normally the workflow used. These days you can regard bot the play/preview button and the publish button as save changes where play/preview saves the changes to the version you see and publish saves the changes to what you see and what any viewers see via the public play link if shared that way. The difference used to be a way to make changes that weren't yet seen in the published version but these days there are better ways to do that like hiding pages manually or via dates/times until they should be shown.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Click Publish Button - Get Session is invalid or expired 1 year 8 months ago #8322

• gswan
  • gswan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank-you for responding so quickly. Im in GMT -8 timezone so the back-and-forth may take time.
Following your example, in the workspace, I click on the Learning Object and press the edit button.
A window opens. In the upper right is 'Play' and 'Publish'.
Play works great, no problem.
When I mouse over 'Publish' the button turns to a burnt orange color.
When I click the 'Publish' button, I get a spinning wheel briefly, maybe -1- second, then the spinning wheel goes away, and nothing else happens.

Click Publish Button - Get Session is invalid or expired 1 year 7 months ago #8328

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
>"When I click the 'Publish' button, I get a spinning wheel briefly, maybe -1- second, then the spinning wheel goes away, and nothing else happens."<
Actually what is happening is that your changes are being published/saved to both the preview file and the published file and the spinner closing confirms that the publish/save is complete. I think most people treat the publish button as a manual save to ensure that their most recent changes are definitely saved. I do this too as a matter of habit and you might ask why isn't there a confirmation message but that would soon get irritating and if you make changes to a published project and then simply close the editor window without clicking publish then you will be prompted asking if you wish to publish. But to repeat preview/play saves any changes too but publish save the changes to both the version you see and the published version that others see if you have shared a link to your project.
BTW Tom has already fixed the bug that was preventing the publish button from the workspace working so that will be in a future update.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search