Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LRS choice 3 years 1 month ago #7276

• robb
  • robb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Xerte community (and @Tom )
After the 2 presentations of Tom Reijnders during 2021 Xerte converence I am quite blown away by the (near) future options that will become available. Especially the dashboard application that will operate using Xerte, Moodle and an external LRS.
So today I started looking for a suitable open source LRS.
I know the Dashboard has been developed using Learning Locker as LRS. That's probably for a reason, because when I did my research even _finding_ an open source LRS was a challenge. And some LRS's claim to be open source, but I failed to find the package or code/repository.

One of the main reasons I was looking further than Learning Locker, is the used database engine in LL: mongoDB. My preference would be to use PostgresSQL or MySQL/mariaDB.
Anyone knows of an open source LRS that is using PostgreSQL or mysql/mariadb? This because there are already PostgreSQL and mariaDB modules for Nethserver. A MongoDB module would mean yet another DB... If there is no viable alternative for Learning Locker, then MongoDB will be added to the list.. :)
Open source is important for me because I would like to build a complete package and incorporate it in NethServer. For NethServer there is already a module for Moodle, (wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=moodle) and an install howto for Xerte (community.nethserver.org/t/howto-install...ine-toolkits/10386/7).
Any advice and pointers on LRS choice is appreciated.

/edit:
Besides Learning Locker I found Lxhive: github.com/g3i/lxHive/wiki/Step-by-step:...ication-for-your-app
Anyone ever used this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by robb.

LRS choice 3 years 1 month ago #7290

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi Rob,

As xAPI data is basically JSON, almost all LRS's use a NoSQL database like MonoDB. The only one that I encountered that enables the use of MySQL or PrgresQL iis this project:

github.com/trax-project/trax-lrs

I've never used it though, so I don't know how well it performs etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robb

LRS choice 3 years 1 month ago #7291

• robb
  • robb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the pointer. I will give it a try and report back.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search