Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

installing Xerte on LEMP Stack 3 years 11 months ago #6527

• maria89
  • maria89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

is it possible to install xerte on a LEMP Stack? I found no documentation on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

installing Xerte on LEMP Stack 3 years 11 months ago #6528

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
There is no fundamental reason why that should not work. As far as I know, there are no specific required apache settings needed. We do supply .htaccess files to increase security. Als we supply some rewrite rules to simplify URL's but the latter are switched off by deafult.

So please go ahaed, and if you are up to it, document any extra things needed and we'll be happy to host the howto here on the community website.

installing Xerte on LEMP Stack 3 years 11 months ago #6538

• ForteanOrg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tom, you are referring to Apache but the OP is about Nginx. The 'E' in LEMP stands for 'E'ngine-X. .htaccess files will not work 'out of the box' with nginx so if you are relying on them, you have a problem. See the nginx site. They state: "Stop using .htaccess. It’s horrible for performance. NGINX is designed to be efficient. Adding something like this destroys that." - yeah, arrogance, it's an ugly thing.

There are some work-arounds available on line, e.g. a winginx.com/en/htaccessconverter and there is a commercial package that offers this as a plugin. Probably more.

Good luck, and yes, please come back here and tells us if you succeeded and how.

Last edit: by ForteanOrg. Reason: typos

installing Xerte on LEMP Stack 3 years 11 months ago #6540

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Yes I know LEMP is using NGINX. I was just trying to explain what the (Apache specific) .htaccess files were for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ForteanOrg

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search