Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XAMPP Xerte 2.0 Installation issues 10 years 7 months ago #524

• emmettflynn
  • emmettflynn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I keep getting issues when I try to install XOT. I was initially having issues accessing the XOT setup so I did a fresh install of XAMPP and then followed the instructions for the XOT download and install.

However, I'm still getting errors (see below). It claims the toolkit is installed but trying to access http://localhost/xertetoolkits/ just bring me back to the setup page.

The following errors are reported during setup but no instruction as to how to deal with them.

Replacing 'index,php with demo.txt' is mentioned but I have no idea which index.php file is meant by this (there are several!)

All help appreciated.

Error message:

Warning: fopen(../database.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xertetoolkits/setup/xampp.php on line 111

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xertetoolkits/setup/xampp.php on line 112

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xertetoolkits/setup/xampp.php on line 113
Check your file permissions, index.php file is not writeable by the web server; you will want to replace index.php with demo.txt
Toolkits has been installed.

Please go to http://localhost/xertetoolkits

Please see the Xerte site at www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte and please consider joining the mailing list.

Your admin username for the Admin Panel (management.php)
[username & password details removed]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XAMPP Xerte 2.0 Installation issues 10 years 7 months ago #525

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
It looks like your using MacOS?

The folder /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xertetoolkits needs to be writable by the user that runs the apache webserver of XAMPP.

XAMPP Xerte 2.0 Installation issues 10 years 7 months ago #526

• emmettflynn
Hi Tom - Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Mac OSX. I don't know how the above is to be achieved I'm afraid. Is there a bit more information available? The instructions given just say install XAMPP (done) and then install xertetoolkits (tried and failed) If there are additional, more detailed, instruction available somewhere I would be glad to access them. The installation video link for XAMPP on the Xerte website is broken (links to the installation zip file).

Last edit: by emmettflynn.

XAMPP Xerte 2.0 Installation issues 10 years 7 months ago #528

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
The XAMPP instructiona are really targeted to the PC environment. We'll have to add some documentation on MacOS.

For now, can you open a Terminal and issue the following commands on the command line?
cd Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/xertetoolkits 
sudo chmod -R a+w .

That should hopefully enable you to complete setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmettflynn

XAMPP Xerte 2.0 Installation issues 10 years 7 months ago #531

• emmettflynn
Thanks Tom - some problems initially not recognising the current directory '.' I thought it was a full stop! My brain finally worked...as did your instruction.

-emt

Last edit: by emmettflynn.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search