Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3312

• daustin100
  • daustin100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
cant download zip in bootstrap and look at it as i can in XOT in XOt it has an option to
Offline export. Special offline package that can be used offline, by simply double-clicking on the index.htm file stored on a local disk or USB stick:
this is not available in the bootstrap template export..
is their a trick i can use to change the VLE zip file that does export to an offline one??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3313

• julten
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
That's been fixed in v3.0. Are you running an older version?

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3315

• daustin100
i downloaded xertetoolkits_3.0.zip on 10/24/15 and installed it at biblestudieslibrary.org/
the properties on the zip file says its 55.6Mb (58,392,260 bytes) in size no description in the "previous version" tab
so i think its the latest 3.0 version
how can i tell the version when i log on as i have looked and cant find it as a user??

I would love to give you a test account and access to a bootstrap project i am working on so u can see for yourself. I will send u a private message with an account and pw so u can look at it

if you have someone working on bootstrap documentation or tutorials i would love to work with them so I can have a tutorial for the latest version targeted at the mobile responsive problem as we want to make a set of discipleship courses and attract teachers in 3rd worldcultures that are preliminary dominated by cell phones . We hope to make it so it can be used offline without a internet connection..
Thanks

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3316

• julten
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi,

I can log in and export a project fine: I did at first get an empty zip file, but after I made the project public and then ublished it, it exported fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daustin100

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3320

• daustin100
ok i made it public and it works in firefox but not chrome (Version 46.0.2490.86 m).
strange..
in chrome it looks like i am getting some embedded default framework
as all i get is a page that says..

Learning Object Title
Overview title for the content below

does xerte bootstrap export not support chrome? as i got the following from Ron Mitchell
when i mistakenly asked my question in the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. account
ron said "- exporting a version 3 bootstrap project and uploading to a web server rather than a vle should work fine. You don't need the offline export for the main xot project either if your requirement is to upload to a webserver just use the deployment export. The offline export you mention is more for extracting and viewing offline via a HDD or USB etc and isn't currently available for the bootstrap template. However even with the current export option you should still be able to view offline via Firefox or via IE after a security prompt.
HTH
Ron"
I'm not sure if I understand what Ron is saying when he says that "extracting and viewing offline via a HDD or USB etc and isn't currently available for the bootstrap template. " but it works in firefox or IE??
if true it sounds like this needs to be added by the developers in the next release?
thanks..

cant download zip in bootstrap & use offline 8 years 4 months ago #3321

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
What do you mean if true?
This is really very simple...

The offline export option isn't needed for viewing from a web server it's only needed because of browser security issues when viewing offline from a disc drive rather than a web server.
The offline export for the other template addresses that by also converting the xml to json format.
It might be that a similar export format is added for the bootstrap template at some point in the future but this isn't needed for your purposes of uploading to a web server. We are working on an updated release before the end of the year but that's not guaranteed and may not include any additional export options.
The reason the current bootstrap export does work in Firefox when viewed offline is because Firefox doesn't have the same restrictions as Chrome. It also works in IE after prompting to allow but depending on browser settings you may not see that prompt.
The export will work in all browsers when uploaded and viewed via a web server.
I hope that is now clear.
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search