Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Uploading a Xerte Bootstrap project to Blackboard 8 years 8 months ago #2904

• mackswel
  • mackswel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have created two projects, one using the Xerte Bootstrap template and one using the online toolkits template. When I try to export these and upload them to Blackboard the online toolkit template works fine using the SCORM package it uploaded to the server without a problem.
When I tried to upload the boostrap template I tried using both the Deployment.zip and the Archive.zip (the only two available options) I tried uploading them zipped and unzipped but neither worked. then I tried opening the .HTM file, that only worked with firefox but still my media (stylesheet, images and header) didn't show and I can't figure out why?
It told me the direct link and iframe code, I can attach the bootstrap template to Blackboard as a web link but the link isn't directed to a file on the server like the online toolkits one is when I uploaded that. It is just a link which has a single URL (...../play.php?template_id=43) so my 'Xerte page links' don't work and it can't be viewed from any computer or device not connected to the network.
A web link would be ideal and the simplest way for staff to create content and not have to deal with unzipping and uploading etc but it needs to be accessible from external devices. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong or how to get it up on to the server like the online tooklkits presentation is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Uploading a Xerte Bootstrap project to Blackboard 8 years 8 months ago #2905

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
What are you using to author the LO's is this an online installation or a localhost install? Also what version? If it's an online public facing installation just set the LO to public and use the link or embed code in Blackboard.
e.g. our Overvire resources is a public bootstrap based LO xot.12change.eu/play.php?template_id=699

Failing that exporting as deployment, uploading and extracting the zip in Blackboard and then linking to the index.html page should work?

That said if the images in the exported project don't show when viewing via Firefox check template.xml and if the links to images etc show FileLocation + '/media/your_image.jpg etc try removing that first forward slash e.g. change to FileLocation + 'media/your_image.jpg

We'll see if we can check/fix that for the finished release.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Uploading a Xerte Bootstrap project to Blackboard 8 years 8 months ago #2906

• mackswel
Hi Ron, Thanks for such a quick reply.

It's an online server installation, and the 3.0 beta. I'm not sure if it's public facing. It must not be or this link xerte.uclan.ac.uk/play.php?template_id=43 should work on any device, I think it was you who came to set up the software at UCLan? I have set the project to public and also tried the embed code which doesn't work.

I did manage to get the deployment.zip uploaded and working, other than the Iframes do not play (embedded XOT LO's or youtube videos). But your advice about removing the forward slash worked for the media, much appreciated. hopefully I'll just get the links working so I don't have to do that for every project.

Many Thanks,

Max

Uploading a Xerte Bootstrap project to Blackboard 8 years 8 months ago #2908

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Hi Max
ok that explains it!
Yes I did set up the software but remotely not on-site and as far as I'm aware there are plans to make it public facing soon but it's not at the moment. It will need to be updated too. I've logged the /media path problem as an issue and we'll fix that. The embedded LO's are probably the same issue that your install isn't public facing but you could check the xml to verify that. Or attach a copy here and we'll have a look.
I'm waiting to hear back from Kevan but as I understand it I'll hopefully be providing some on-site training and support at some point.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Uploading a Xerte Bootstrap project to Blackboard 8 years 8 months ago #2909

• mackswel
Ahh okay!

I had a look at the XML, i'm sure the problem is that it isn't a public facing install because the IFrame links work fine in the url link, so I won't waste your time. I'll just have to make sure anyone who wants to see it is connected to the network.

Good luck with fixing the issues for the final release, Thanks a lot for your help and yes, I've heard about the training, hopefully it's sooner rather than later as I'm looking forward to finally having my questions fielded.

Kudos on the fantastic software by the way.

Thanks again,

Max

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search