Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Menu and linking pages 9 years 9 months ago #2080

• sophy.ratcliffe
  • sophy.ratcliffe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Xerte forum,

I am a complete beginner at building an online tutorial and hope someone is able help.

I am creating a turorial with several topics and would like some of my pages to be grouped per topic (so that the menu explodes as you click on a topic and each heading after explosion takes you to the page you want and plays the topic pages in order and at the end there is the option to go back to the main menu or continue to the next topic. I have tried the menu connector or menu options there is a list but the tutorial doesnt seem to run each page in order it skips the rest of the list and goes to the silde after the connected pages once you have clicked on one.

I thought tabs would be a good way to do this instead but am finding it problematic becasue i would like to use the tab navigator to go through different sections of a topic, ideally to include multiple choice questions, drag and drops and images (not only text) in the tabs. Is this possible? when i create each tab i can only see the option to put text in each tab page content. Can i put images into them ? Could i link the tab to a page i create such as an MCQ or drag and drop so that each topic can have multiple aspects to it?

Apolgies, i am also finding it hard to explain. The basic problem is that my contents page lists all the pages and this is a long list, i would like the pages to be grouped so that the contents list is shorter and less detailed and tnot every page is listed.

Thanks in advance for any help
Sophy
medical student Bristol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sophy.ratcliffe. Reason: difficulty explaining

Menu and linking pages 9 years 9 months ago #2081

• rhvanloenen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Sophy,
Grouping pages in XOT is not possible (its a big wish), you will see al pages.
If you want to group, you can also make different object and link from a starting
learning object.
I made a small demo with a posible solution.You can import this.
how to make the links:
select text, use right mouseclick and select in 'page link' the wanted page.
Look in de several pages of a serie. The first page of a serie aloows alone to the next, the last page of a serie alows you only going back and a link the last page of a serie has a link back to the menu.
May this will help you a little.
Ronald
I see that the demo will not upload. If I get your email I will sent it directly to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sophy.ratcliffe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rhvanloenen.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search