Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Importing a SCORM 1.2 LO to XOT 2.1 9 years 9 months ago #1970

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
OK - these may be pretty dumb questions for anyone that knows SCORM etc (I don't) but here goes. Someone has given me a scorm 1.2 Flash LO that I'm trying to make run in XOT 2.1. It comes with an 'imsmanifest.xml' file with various 'metadata' and 'resources' tags, etc. I have the distinct feeling this is a pretty important file to the LMS and I should be doing something important with it - but I'm not sure what.

The package contains an index.html and a couple of subdirectories with support files. This is in a recent version of Flash (AS 3.??) and I'm having no success in 'embedding' the 'index.html' file in XOT - just get a white patch.

Should XOT be able to run an embedded AS3 file (which should be self supporting with its own resources) or is this asking to much? I'm pretty well stuck at this point... thanks for any suggestions.

RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Importing a SCORM 1.2 LO to XOT 2.1 9 years 9 months ago #1971

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
There are two different kinds of SCORM packages (not according to the STANDARD, but in practice). The packages that just use the format to deliver content to an LMS, or the packages that really use SCORM tracking facilities.

The latter needs to run within a the context of a 'SCORM player'. If that's the case, it will not work.

Otherwise, you should be able to host the package on a webserver, and embed within XOT, using the embed page type.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronm2

Importing a SCORM 1.2 LO to XOT 2.1 9 years 9 months ago #1978

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Tom, I think I understand.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search