Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

One big project or seperated in several small projects? 2 weeks 7 hours ago #8996

• rloenen
  • rloenen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have about 95 subjects in a project, divided over 7 main subjects, and an average of 8 images per subject. They are now all in one project. For the sake of speed for the user, is it wiser to tackle a separate project for each main subject, or does that not matter much?
Ronald

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One big project or seperated in several small projects? 1 week 5 days ago #8999

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 88
In terms of how quick a project takes to load, it doesn't matter too much how many pages a project has as each page is loaded one at a time (when the user moves to a new page) rather than all of them loading at the start. However, I generally recommend splitting very large projects up into several smaller ones as I think it is more user friendly. Opening a project and seeing it has 95 pages is a bit intimidating. I like to have a contents page in a separate project that links out to the smaller projects - you can still provide users with a single link to the contents page project, but they can then work through it in smaller chunks rather than feel they have to do it all at once or risk losing track of where they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rloenen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search