Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HTML5 Resizing 10 years 3 weeks ago #1298

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The flash based XOT will resize content when the window resizes. So if your LO opens at 800 X 600 and the user selects to open the full window, the content images and text all seems to resize in relation to the window. This isn't happening in the HTML5 version. In HTML5 the images and text sit in the upper left corner at the same size they were, which pretty well disables opening the window full size. Is there any way to make the HTML5 version size proportionally?

Thanks
RonM2
Sorry if this item appears more than once, it didn't seem to save the first time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HTML5 Resizing 10 years 2 weeks ago #1349

• jjs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Ron,

In the Javascript engine, since it renders HTML5, it is left to the browser and hence the user to decide how to present the information on their screen. They can get a similar experience by zooming in on a PC using ctrl +/- (cmd +/- on a Mac).

John

HTML5 Resizing 10 years 1 week ago #1432

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks John, but my users won't know to use CTL + or -. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to set the content size in code perhaps based on the screen resolution. When I open XOT HTML5 it opens in 800 X 600, if I go to full window the content stays the same size but the window real estate resizes. What I'd like to do is the screen size and resize the content with code (instead of the user pressing CTL +). Anyone have a cludge to do that? BTW CTL + nicely resizes the XOT window as well. John what does the Vulcan gesture in your picture mean?

RonM2 : - )

HTML5 Resizing 10 years 1 week ago #1437

• jjs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Ron

A lot of stuff that you can do in the browser is locked out from Js for security reasons and i don't think zoom has every been available...

The way those font size increase buttons you can add work is to switch the body font size and have everything relative to that. The css may need extensive rewriting to do that though...

As for the picture, that was during Movember and wad my attempt at a Harry Shearer/Spinal Tap pose www.starpulse.com/news/Dave_Simpson/2013...anning_2014_comeback

I was doing an X for Xerte but then I ended up cropping it out...

John

Last edit: by jjs. Reason: Spelling!!
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search