Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Simple LMS to track progress of xerte LO 1 year 8 months ago #8262

• chandrika
  • chandrika's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I am a secondary school teacher in the UK and in the process of planning next years lessons. I have wanted to create more interactive lessons for a while and xerte looks ideal. It is amazing how simple and easy to use it is to create learning objects.

I have installed xerte in a subdirectory on a shared server. I am trying to choose the simplest way to track my pupils progress through the LOs.

I am not keen on moodle as I just want something simple, so have been looking at wordpress and plugins for that.

I am seeking advice from those with experience as to the easiest simplest solution to enable me to use the xerte LO with my classes on my personal website. Main thing is I want to create LOs and then track my pupils progress and grades in the cleanest simplest way possible.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Simple LMS to track progress of xerte LO 1 year 8 months ago #8263

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi
this is just a quick reply and in many ways your question and the relevant answers would apply whatever tool(s) you are using and some of that will change with exactly what you want to achieve with the type of resources and interactions you want to create. But the general points are as follows:

If you want to track named individuals rather than anonymous interactions then you need to use a system or combination of systems that allows the learners to login so that they have their own accounts and their interactions and progress can be tracked. Typically this would be an LMS (Moodle/Blackboard/Canvas etc) but could also be something like Wordpress or Teams/Sharepoint with relevant capability (see below) usually via plugins/add-ons.

The relevant capability would need to include account management and authentication so that the learners can login and then some form of tracking and analysis and gradebook functionality. Then you would also need to use one of the technologies that enables the tracking to take place typically that would be SCORM, LTI and/or LTI + xAPI.

1. For SCORM you would export from Xerte and import into your SCORM compliant environment.
2. For LTI only you would configure the integration between Xerte and your LTI environment and then link your Xerte resources as LTI/external tools.
3. For LTI + xAPI you will also need an LRS and then configure the integration between Xerte and the LRS as well as the LTI integration as described above.

There are various conference recordings available via the blog on this site that should provide a good overview of this www.xerte.org.uk/index.php/en/news/blog/158-videos

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ciroteo, chandrika

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search