Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Notifications on security alerts/patches 2 years 1 week ago #7989

• garyh
  • garyh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
What is the quickest channel to be informed of for security alerts, such as the email I received regarding the release of 3.10.5 due to a security issue.

I ask because the email I received "Xerte Community Site - Important! Security update Xerte 3.10.5 available" was received on 11th March at 12:00, however some of my colleagues received this a few hours before.

As it happens, a colleague had read about the update on Twitter the day before, and I managed to upgrade our system that same day (10th March). However, the release appears to have been made available two days prior on 8th March, when ideally, it would have been great to have been notified then... unless I haven't subscribed to a certain mailing list / notification.

Also, is the Xerte mailing list still being used, as the link on the support page shows an error.

Thanks,
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Notifications on security alerts/patches 2 years 1 week ago #7990

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Hi,

We're in the process of setting this up in a better way. We probably will setup a registration form where you can leave your details and request notifications on security updates.

The mailing lists have been retrired because of issues with the GDPR.

Tom

Notifications on security alerts/patches 2 months 4 days ago #8864

• sofia52
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
The notification system for security alerts and patches is outstanding! Timely updates ensure my device remains secure, providing peace of mind. The seamless integration and user-friendly interface make it effortless to stay informed and take necessary actions promptly. A commendable feature that enhances the overall reliability of the product.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search