Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Direct Link to specific page 10 years 2 months ago #1164

• sczs
  • sczs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if it were possible to link to a specific page in a LO from a URL.
I was thinking it may be possible using the LinkID, but I wouldn't have any idea about the syntax?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Direct Link to specific page 10 years 2 months ago #1166

• coursenligne
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I guess you have a specific idea on this... Could you pelase give a bit more of details on what you want to achieve.. as nearly everything is possible (even if a bit of development is needed), but the solution usualy comes from the needs....
If I can help I will do for sure...

Direct Link to specific page 10 years 2 months ago #1168

• sczs
  • sczs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've half found what I was after. I'm looking at ways that a learner could resume an Xerte course from the point they last left it. So if they're half way through a 60 page course, they don't have to navigate back to their last viewed page.

My initial idea was to look for a way to link directly to a course page from a URL. This, as I mentioned, I have now found. I can do this by adding "&pageID=010" to my course URL to link back to page ten, it also works with the link ID, adding "&linkID=PG1380109084269" (or whatever the link ID is for a particular page) to the end of the URL. So that's that.

To progress down this avenue of investigation I'd need to some how get Xerte to export the last viewed Page ID or Link ID on course exit, store it somewhere ready for my learners next access to the course, where it could be added to the end of the URL.

Does that make sense? or am I going about this backwards? Any advice you can give would be very much appreciated.

Direct Link to specific page 10 years 2 months ago #1175

• coursenligne
  • Thank you received: 3
It does make sens, and I suspected you asked :)

A normal behavior is he way you describe and you want to achieve...
Thisis indeed the purpose of "Enable resuming" + SCORM tracking mode from the main page of the LO.
I'm here talking about XOT !
So far I didn't manage yet to have it properly working under my platform (I'm using Chamilo), but I read in the forum that people managed to achieve it under Moodle...

I'm not really prepared to change from Chamilo to moodle.. So I'm still investigating and who knows, maybe one day I'll manage to have it working ????

I hope this helps !

Please note that when you publish your LO, depending on the SCORM version and the mode (HTML5..) the tracking can vary !
If I can help I will do for sure...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sczs

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search