Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NC/Commercial definition 4 years 3 months ago #6147

• john.roberts
  • john.roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi i'm new to Xerte,

I heard about it via attendance at a workshop on the future teacher which uses Xerte to present content to teachers and educators around the world for free.

I work within a commercial organisation, in partnership with UK universitites. Part of my role is to support on-campus academics with online teaching and with no budget from the partnership for this reosurce, I am looking for an open source resource to support the production of interactive content.

My organisation is commercial and we are in a commercial partnership with universities to support the delivery of online masters programmes. It is difficult to know whether this is a commercial endeavour or not and whether using Xerte would contravene the CC licence for it.

Is there any way fo finding out if I could have permission to use Xerte for this purpose?

Best

John Roberts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NC/Commercial definition 4 years 3 months ago #6148

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Hi John,

Xerte is Open Source software, and as such you can use it also as a commercial company. Of course we welcome any contribution you are willing to make, be it in funds, in documentation, bug fixes or example Learning Objects.

Cheers,

Tom

NC/Commercial definition 4 years 3 months ago #6149

• john.roberts
  • john.roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks very much for the quick response.

That's really helpful to know. I will do a bit of playing around and positioning of some content to see if it will work for my intended purpose.

I would be happy to contribute where I can with bug fixes, suggestions, ideas and examples of content created.

Thanks again.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search