Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

concurrent users number vs performance 6 years 11 months ago #4469

• rbrown
  • rbrown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has looked at their maximum number of concurrent authours?

One of our Ed Technologists tried to use Xerte to create e-Portfolios with 150 concurrent users.

The users had to
1) login (as this was their initial login - so the account had to be created)
2) Create a project using the bootstrap template and start adding content.

The users complained "we didn’t realise accessing Xerte will be so slow. The 2nd day was better because we took the slowness into consideration. Students still had to wait for up to 3 – 4 minutes or a page to display when authoring. A few also had timeout errors, so they were still working on their project but meanwhile got logged out in the background so none of their changes were saved."

We have xerte installed on a 2CPU, 8GBRAM SLES VM with fibre NFS mount for USER_FILES. Apache is using prefork MPM. In the Apache config I've tried changinging MaxClients but that made no noticeable difference.

I've tested up to 400 users in 1 second accessing a published object and seen times of 9seconds to render the page. Which does seems high for what is just an http get call.

So I'm hoping that someone has looked at load vs performances and would have some thoughts/advice for us.

Regards
Roger
Uni of Cape Town

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by rbrown.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search