Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General questions and topics about Xerte Toolkits that don’t fit anywhere else.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Embeding projects into another website 7 years 2 months ago #4215

• LindaM13
  • LindaM13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a few Xerte projects (built for our dive club) that I want to upload into a website (using BT's community website builder) so that they will run when my PC is offline.

I have exported one of the projects using the deployment zip files without scorm tracking (we don't need or want scorm). But now I have no idea what to do next.

I can put the embed codes into the HTML to run the learning objects, and they run if my pc is on, but do not know how to use the zip file (or it's extracted folders) to embed the whole project into my BT website.

Any advice gratefully received. I don't have my own webserver, I am just creating e-learning for our dive club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Embeding projects into another website 7 years 2 months ago #4216

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Hi Linda

I'm not familiar with the website builder you're using but here are some general instructions on how you would do this.

You will need to unzip the deployment zip and upload the folder and its contents to your website. You can then use the same embed code that you have been using but change the url in it to match where you have uploaded the folder.

e.g.
<iframe src="www.yourwebsitename.co.uk/xerte_project/index.html" width="802" height="602" frameborder="0" style="float:left; position:relative; top:0px; left:0px; z-index:0;">
The following user(s) said Thank You: LindaM13

Embeding projects into another website 7 years 2 months ago #4219

• LindaM13
  • LindaM13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Fay, your suggestions makes sense and are very clear. I've had a look at the options for the website builder and suspect I may have to find another website provider.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search