Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Connector page question 9 years 7 months ago #2160

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've just looked at the connector pages in XOT2.1 and they look quite functional and useful. I'm not clear however on this aspect of using them.

Let's say I've got a 'submenu' page with 4 buttons on it. When the user clicks a button I want to connect them to a specific set of 2 or 3 pages. I can do this with the connector, when I get to the destination page I can turn on/off the navigation buttons and force them to click a link to go back to the 'submenu'.

The problem is however, when they want to go previous/next to this submenu page, how do I avoid taking them to the very pages they've already viewed? They are now back to sequential-linear paging...how do I 'skip' the pages the submenu took them to? Is there some way I can wire the 'Next' button on the submenu page to 'skip' ahead to page 'x'?

I'm sure there is a way that I'm obviously missing.

Thanks
RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Connector page question 9 years 7 months ago #2161

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Doh! I've just come across the 'Menu Connector Page Guide' and this is making more sense... the LO 'Historic' navigation must be selected. Sorry for cluttering up the forum... I'll do some more reading and playing with this.

RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search