Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interactive Diagram page XOT 2.1 9 years 8 months ago #2087

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Xerte Thrill Seekers:

Does anyone know the status of the 'interactive diagram' page in XOT 2.1? I see a posting in 2013 saying it had been retired, but another later saying it was converted to HTML5 but won't properly work in IE (it doesn't). Will this be overcome for IE? I'm testing in Chrome but stuck on an issue in which my 'hot spots' show as black in the interaction, so you can't see what they are covering on the image behind them. I can't see a way around this...anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The 'fill' for the hotspots are set to 'no fill', but instead this displays as black. Any documentation anywhere for this page? It is obviously very capable (clicking the 'show language options' checkbox displays many options) but very difficult to figure out...thanks to Ron Mitchell I've found how to set the hotspot text in the image editor 'properties' which works fine.. just stuck on why these hot spots show as opaque black.

Thanks for any tips.

RonM2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interactive Diagram page XOT 2.1 9 years 8 months ago #2088

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
OK I've answered my own question here... I was putting hot spots on top of a background image. It appears the background image needs to be the top layer... the hot spots sit behind it. Everything works OK in that case. This is opposite of some past apps I've used...unlearning is as hard as learning! This is quite a capable page, there are many options I've not explored...some good documentation would be helpful. Thanks...

RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search