Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question re toolkits screen size, slider bars 9 years 8 months ago #2073

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm using XOT v2.1 in html5 mode. Does anyone understand what causes the left/right up/down slider bars to appear at the bottom and right side of the screen? Even if I have nothing in the LO but two empty pages, the slider bars appear, and the vertical slider goes a long way up and down. I'd like them to disappear unless they are needed. I've attached an image. There is a background png in the image, but the size of it does not matter, even at 300 X 240 the sliders appear.

RonM2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question re toolkits screen size, slider bars 9 years 8 months ago #2074

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
I don't see sliders in the image.

Question re toolkits screen size, slider bars 9 years 8 months ago #2075

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Good point! sent the wrong image... but notice how the background image is about 2 inches below the bottom button bar? We've made some custom changes and maybe upset something, looking at that now. If I don't put anything on a page however the sliders still show up. Also pictures, unless they are set to 'actual size' (or whatever that's called) are showing up far too large.

BTW I asked a while ago about adding sound capabilities to different pages, Javier here is experimenting with the HTML5 audio tag, just pasting it in to the text content area of a page in HMTL5 code, I think that may work out very well and not require any XOT changes. Also trying to add it to all the slideshow type pages.

RonM2

Question re toolkits screen size, slider bars 9 years 8 months ago #2079

• jjs
  • Thank you received: 71
If your image is bigger than the area that it is in then it will always produce scrollbars and this kind of behaviour unless you use the overflow property to deal with the overhang...

John

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search