Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tracking choices in a decision tree 1 year 9 months ago #8195

• felixhenninger
  • felixhenninger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Xerte team,

a wholehearted thanks for providing such an excellent tool! We're using your software to provide interactive virtual assistants, and it's working fantastically well for us.

I'm writing today with a technical question: We'd like to find out more about how users navigate the decision trees we provide, in order to uncover pain points, drop-out, and the like. To this end, we'd like to embed event tracking within Xerte via small JavaScript snippets. (we already collect the overall number of users through our off-the-shelf site statistics package, and we'd like to extend that to some finer-grained metrics)

What I'm struggling with is that there doesn't seem to be a script option in decision tree items, so I didn't find a way to add code that would run when a particular decision is presented. I've also started digging in the Xerte client-side JS, in particular the `state` and `decision` global variables, as well as `x_currentpage` and `x_currentpageXML`. However, all of these appear to refer to the overall decision tree rather than any of the nested questions. I finally tried patching the `x_navigateToPage` function, but it doesn't seem to get called in between decision tree steps.

Kind folks of Xerte, can you help? Again, the goal is to run some JS on question transitions, and I'd much appreciate any pointers in that direction. I'd be glad to try things out, and answer any questions that come up or explain more clearly if you'd like!

Thanks for your support, and for all that you do!

-Felix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by felixhenninger.
  • Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search