Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte and Oracle Fusion (learning cloud) 1 year 10 months ago #8181

• Shona Smart
  • Shona Smart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello - following on from an earlier question on compatibility of these systems, I have a specific question of those using Xerte resources in Oracle Learning Cloud?

We are conducting testing and it seems that Xerte resources need to have the "Save" icon activated, and each user must use the "Save" icon to ensure bookmarking and marking of completion. This activity recording us needed for our usecase for staff mandatory training.

Can anyone share their successful settings / guidance please?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte and Oracle Fusion (learning cloud) 1 year 10 months ago #8182

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
Hi
I can't comment specifically about Oracle Learning Cloud and I might be wrong about what you mean by "Save icon" but as a general rule the following applies:
If you are using an XOT project in a VLE/LMS via SCORM or LTI then the Stop Session button will appear automatically in the footer of your XOT project. This allows a user to stop and send the tracking data to the VLE/LMS at any point rather than just at the end.
However the author does have options in Xerte to hide the save session button as well as restart session options. There are also usually options in the VLE/LMS that affect this too.
Both the Xerte Stop session button and the Xerte Stop Tracking page were added (and are often needed) because with browser changes you can no longer rely on simply closing the LO or window, successfully sending the data.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Xerte and Oracle Fusion (learning cloud) 1 year 10 months ago #8183

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi,

Could you please tell us how you embedded the Xerte object into Oracle Learning Cloud for your tests?

Tom

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search