Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6277

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Xerte community,
First of all, I'm not technical, but I have a technical question. Please can you reply to me in a non-technical way if possible so that I can understand.

A colleague has created a Xerte and exported as SCORM 2004 zip file.
The SCORM package is for an external organisation.
After investigation it transpires that the external organisation is trying to upload the Xerte SCORM package to an ERP. See enquiry comment from my colleague below:

"They (the external organisation) use the storyline 360 (a commercial software package) to make their eLearning materials and then produce SCORM zip file.
But the issue is why our SCORM zip files (produced from Xerte) cannot be imported into their LMS (which is SAP SuccessFactors system). Does SCORM from Xerte not compatible with their LMS?"

So, my question is can Xerte exported as SCORM 2004 be uploaded to SAP SuccessFactors system (which on further investigation is an ERP)?

How is the external organisation uploading Articulate Storyline SCORM zip files to their SAP SuccessFactors system. Note: The paragraph text above from my colleague only states that they use Articulate Storyline and then produce SCORM zip file.

When I researched further I saw that companies get round this with ERS-LMS integration. I am trying to support a colleague who is in direct contact with the external organisation, but I am not in direct contact with the organisation myself, so I am a bit piggy in the middle with regard to back and forth communication.

If you can provide definitive answers and hopeful solution I will be very gratful.

I attach a screenshot of the error message the platform displays when the organisation has uploaded to SAP SuccessFactors system.

Thank you in advance.
Anne
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6279

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
The error suggests that the uploading itself was succesful.

The errormessage is generated by the Xerte LO, trying to communicate with the SCOMR player (if it is uploaded correctly).

So, it either suggests that the LO is uploaded using the content type in SAP, or that this particular verion of SCOMR is not supported.

The supported formats can be found here:

help.sap.com/viewer/7e01bd2cca40425e9d02...3a83b8ab4090384.html

The Xerte Scorm 2004 version is the 3rd edition, so officially it is not supported.

Can you please verify that the Xerte LO is uploaded as a SCORM 2004 package, or try to generate a Xerte SCORM 1.2 package and see if that works better.

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6280

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Tom,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I did wonder about the SCORM output and mentioned it in my reply to my colleague regarding SCORM version.

I can confirm that the Xerte was exported as 2004.

I will tell my colleague to re-export with version SCORM 1.2 and then ask him to tell the external organisation to upload that version of SCORM and let me know what happens.

Hopefully this is now solved.

Thank you again.
Anne

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6281

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
I doubt anyone here is going to be able to provide what you describe as a "definitive answer" without more detail. Even with more detail it's likely to be difficult to advise without access to the system. SCORM is a set of standards and Xerte SCORM exports work to that standard. It might be worth exporting as SCORM 1.2 rather than 2004 and getting them to test if that works but generally we would recommend using the 2004 export and I doubt that is where the problem lies here anyway. But that can only be a guess at this point. Does the same SCORM export work in your Blackboard installation? That's a way that you can test that the Xerte SCORM export works and then the external organisation needs to seek support from SAP.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6282

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Ron,
Thank you for your help. The Xerte exported SCORM 2004 does work on our Blackboard VLE but not on the SAP system. My colleague will export as SCORM 1.2 version and see what happens when on the external organisation SAP. I will take your advice and tell my colleague that the external organisation will require support from SAP.
Thank you
Anne

Xerte export SCORM package and SAP SuccessFactors system (ERP) 4 years 2 months ago #6283

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Overlapping replies here but as a general point for anyone reading this thread now or in future when troubleshooting SCORM issues always try with both a SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 export from Xerte before posting here. Both work according to the SCORM standards but different LMS/VLE's have different compatibility/incompatibility with the different SCORM versions.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: annem

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search