Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LTI integration with Blackboard 6 years 5 months ago #4795

• tsalyers
  • tsalyers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I'm a new-ish VLE developer, and we're looking at integrating Xerte into our Blackboard system. I've got a test server up and working with LDAP, SSL, and LTI configured, and Blackboard and Xerte seem to be communicating all right so far. I've got a small test project that I've linked into a course on our development Blackboard server.

The problem, though, is that when I delete the Xerte content from the course in Blackboard, there doesn't seem to be any way for Xerte to get the memo--that is, the content stays associated with the course in the lti_resource database table, and adding a Xerte link to the course after that will just go to the original content instead of asking me to select a project. Have I misconfigured something, or is there an additional step I need to take?

On a related note, it looks like the lti_resource table associates Xerte content IDs one-to-one with course IDs, which seems to imply that you can only ever have one Xerte link per course. Is that the case, or (again) have I got something configured not quite right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LTI integration with Blackboard 6 years 5 months ago #4796

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
We're currently re-implementing LTI in Xerte to remedy the issues you raise.

I don't know if all the issues will be solved (like deleting the connection, when the content is removed from blackboard).

This will be available in the next release of Xerte.

If you send me a PM I can point you to the code repository where all this work is done, but it's really early bete at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsalyers

LTI integration with Blackboard 6 years 3 months ago #4889

• tsalyers
  • tsalyers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, Tom. I was just wondering if you know offhand when the next release might be.

Also, I sent you a PM about the code repository, but I don't know if it went through. Could you send me the details? Thanks again!

LTI integration with Blackboard 6 years 3 months ago #4890

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi. There are still some details to work out. The plan is is this month.

I thought I sent you the details, but cannot find your e-mail. Can you send a PM again?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tsalyers

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search