Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5903

• anthony.c.chan
  • anthony.c.chan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
When I completed my LO in Xerte, the completion column displays a dash (ie '-') symbol (results screen as attached). I am not sure what this means. I converted this LO into SCORM 1.2 and uploaded it into LMS365 and ran the material. Upon completion, the LMS365 indicates 'incomplete'. What do I have to indicate in Xerte LO so that the completion status is recognised by the LMS365 ?
Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5905

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It normally means that completion tracking is not relevant, because you switched that off for that page.

The best way to debug completion tracking in SCORM is to add a results page as the last page.
Also make sure you close the LO.

Also try using SCORM 2004 and see if that works better.

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5910

• anthony.c.chan
Hello Tom,

Thanks for clarifying the question. I revisited my Learning Object and the pages and has done the following:
1. On the LO page, reviewed the settings and use the 'Tracking' property (screen as attached)
2. On the Quiz page, I have uncheck the option 'Completion not required'
3. On the last page is the Results page (screen attached) and it still show as 'Incomplete' although I have ensured that I spent more than 5 secs on each page !
I am quite sure after converting this to SCORM1.2, the end results at the LMS365 would should incomplete !. I have tried converting the SCORM to 2004 but it does not load in the LMS365 !
Attachments:

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5911

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is strange. Could you send me a export of your LO?

I assume you've got two pages in the LO? the quiz and the results page? The whole 5s timer doesn't play a role than at all, as a quiz is an interactivity, and as soon as you give an answer, that is tracked as part of completion.

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5913

• anthony.c.chan
Hi Tom,
Thanks for responding.
I have 5 pages in my LO. There is a size limit of 1MB - my exported file (in Scorm1.2 ZIP format) is 5MB ! Any other way to send you the file for analysis ?

SCORM completion status not recognised by LMS365 system 4 years 7 months ago #5914

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
By private email. I just sent you a message that you can reply and to which you can attach the zip package.

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search