Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lost projects after installing new version. 9 years 7 months ago #2254

• Mark7801
  • Mark7801's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
First...I really like the new look and function of this update,(2.1 (git git-103-gebc6f34)), it looks and works great. Thank you!
But I'm having some difficulty (self induced no doubt). After I uploaded to the new version, I seem to have lost all my LOs from the work folder. I start with a blank work folder and recycle bin. I see folders listed in the USER_FILES directory that were added before the update. Seems to have lost its link?

Also I removed the logos and added a title bar (.jpg image) using the /management site options and frontpage.css. All pages displays the title bar banner added in the frontpage.css as it should but only the Feedback page hangs onto the logos removed in the /management site editor. Where can I find the option/code to edit the feedback page?
Kind regards
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mark7801.

Lost projects after installing new version. 9 years 7 months ago #2255

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
Let's do this step by step:

1. You pprobably have 'Guest' authentication after the update. Is that correct (So you don't have to login at the moment). If that is the case, please edit auth_config.php and choose the same authentication as you had previously.

2. feedback page is in <xot root>/feedback/index.php

Lost projects after installing new version. 9 years 7 months ago #2256

• Mark7801
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't know why I didn't see the feedback folder...worked perfect,thanks.

The auth_config.php setting has remained the same after the update and all function seem to work as expected. The db choice is selected and guest option commented (//) out.

I created a test LO and it worked as expected and created a new folder in the USER_FILES folder. The new test file data entered correctly in those tables. It looks as though the data is missing in the templaterights and templatedetails tables. It appears they lost their data hence the self induced reference.

I'm wondering if there's a way to recover that lost info from the folders in the USER_FILES folders. The information appears to have remained in the folders for each USER_FILE. Is it possible to repopulate the tables?

Thx
Mark

Lost projects after installing new version. 9 years 7 months ago #2259

• Mark7801
Hi Tom,
Since The difficulty was probably caused by a bad database install I went ahead and reloaded the latest version and database backup info with a fresh install. Problem solved, all works as before. Sorry to waste your time with my boo boo.

Although in my clumsy stomping through, I did notice a few things.
1)When changing the site logo and and organisational logo (I'm using a banner) using the /management site settings options the top of the edit and feedback windows were not affected. I had to go to <xot root>/modules/edit.php and <xot root>/feedback/index.php to change it directly. Should all the page headings have been effected with the management/site settings process?
2)To redirect to a different database I had to edit the <xot root>/database.php file directly to point to a different (new name) database and also, update/make current, the database access privileges. Is there a better way to do this? Problem solved I believe...just wondering

Thx
Mark

Last edit: by Mark7801. Reason: clearify

Lost projects after installing new version. 9 years 7 months ago #2260

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
1. No it shouldn't. Well, actually, it depends. The way it works you can see in the modules/xerte/edit.php (As far as I know there is no modules/edit.php. The logo's are picked up from the management page, but the string "edit_" is put in front of it (because the banners are lower. So you need to supply two logos (i.e. myLogo.png and edit_myLogo.png). The code in feedback/index.php is nat fixed yet.

2. I don't understand what happened with your installation. Normally when you upgrade, nothing changes on the database, except if you perhaps ran setup again. You should not do that when upgrading. See the upgrade manual. When changing the databse, them yes, you need to make sure the permissions are correct, and change database.php by hand.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search