Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2245

• fionam
  • fionam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your swift reply John. I have inserted the lines of code into xenith.js but the problem persists. I have attached the altered file - perhaps you will be able to see something. I noticed, after inserting the lines, that when I first mouseover one of the glossary links, the tooltip flickers but this only occurs once. When I go to select another glossary link the flickering doesn't recur. Not sure if that might point to something.

I have also attached two screen caps. One showing the glossary display issue and the other showing the errors reflected in the console when this issue occurs.

Edit: System didn't like the .js file I attached. I assume it saw it as potentially dangerous. I am using version 2.1 (git git-100-g1c55bea). Hope that helps.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fionam.

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2246

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Fiona,

I suspect the flashing you are seeing is because the old file is still being served from the cache. Did you clear the cache? If so then it could be browser related but the fix I supplied should work in relatively modern Chrome/Firefox/IE versions. What browser/version are you using?

Also, looking at the screenshot of errors, you have the MathJax issue too which could be interfering with the SCORM engine (Tom can you remind Fiona of the patch for this) and to my eyes the glossary.html path doesn't look right to me (Tom would you know if this is the same place that all the other page files are placed?)

John

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2247

• fionam
Hi John

Yes, it was a cache issue. Sorry about that, thought I had cleared it. Trying to do too many things at the same time! :(

It seems odd to me that the glossary pop-up is throwing a 404 error as the links are displaying the definitions. Or are the two not connected?

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2248

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 310
To fix the mathJax issue, see Ron's reply here:

www.xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_ku...mid=207&lang=en#2176

And the link to glossary is correct, but there was a problem in the past that the glossary.htm was not exported into the SCORM package.

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2249

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Fiona,

Yes, the two of them are in separate files, oddly enough and Tom's just cleared up why the glossary.html file isn't loading...

Tom, would you suggest updating a file just now, or waiting for the latest version? Or just patching the SCORM LO individually?

John

Glossary Issues 9 years 7 months ago #2250

• fionam
Hi Tom

Thanks for this. I have inserted the correct link in the files.

I also copied and pasted glossary.html into the correct location in the SCORM file. The glossary is now displaying when the SCO is launched in Moodle.

Is there perhaps a fix for the glossary.html export problem?

Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search