Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

session expired error 2 months 2 days ago #8916

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Yes, it just prevents from listing all the folders in the USER-FILES folder when browsing to the <url of xerte install>/USER-FILES in case .htaccess is not set up correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

session expired error 2 months 2 days ago #8917

• teacherjonny
  • teacherjonny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
OK, So can you show me (send me) how the .htaccess statement should read.
Thanks

session expired error 2 months 2 days ago #8918

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Which one?

session expired error 2 months 4 hours ago #8920

• teacherjonny
What I want, Tom is to access all of the previously developed LO's Since I reinstalled Xerte I have created a couple of LO's and they are in the same User File folder as the old items. But I don't see them when I am in the tool kit. So the .htaccess code in the User Files is not preventing the new items from showing but I can't access all of the old files.
Thank you.

session expired error 1 month 4 weeks ago #8921

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
you seem to be confusing two different things here.
Firstly if you look in the Xerte download (of the version you used to install Xerte) and browse to the USER-FILES folder of that extracted zip you'll see the .htaccess file added by Xerte to that folder. So that should show you what should be in that .htaccess file.

Secondly if you have done a clean new install of Xerte and not restored the database from your previous install then that new install knows nothing about your previous projects and will not pick them up just because you have put them in the USER-FILES folder.

If you start creating projects in the new install they will likely start the project ID numbers all over again so be very careful if you have copied over the USER-FILES projects folders from you previous install because that will not work and the projects are likely to be broken wherever the same ID is created.

The best solution would be to restore the database backup and fix whatever was wrong with that. If you don't have that there are a couple of possibilities:
1. Zip up the contents of each separate project folder and import as though you had exported those projects.
Rename preview.xml to template.xml and then zip up the contents not the parent folder.
OR
2. Create new projects of the relevant type and then replace the contents of that new folder with the contents of one of your previous projects and repeat that for each project.
You may then have to edit and make sure linked media is still working correctly and/or re-select it where it isn't.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: teacherjonny

session expired error 1 month 4 weeks ago #8922

• teacherjonny
Ron,
This is very helpful. You have given me a path to "salvation". So, first of all, the original database is no longer available. I'll have to follow your instructions to "1. Zip up the contents of each separate project folder and import as though you had exported those projects.
Rename preview.xml to template.xml and then zip up the contents not the parent folder."
I had tried to import the old saved projects by zipping the entire folder but that failed to work. I'll try to follow your instructions.
Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search