Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

In Xerte Management the 'Share settings' share as co-author not appear to work 4 months 6 days ago #8824

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte team,
Hope you are well.

We have Xerte 3.12 installed now, as far as I am aware, the latest version of V3.12.

A colleague asked if I could do a co-author share from Admin Management.
Before I did that, I used 'Give this project' on two unused practice Xerte projects, in Properties in Admin Management, to make a copy (which means I have a copy but with a different ID number, I did that to have a back-up, even though the Xertes are practice and unused).

I then, in Admin Management, did the 'share' in Shared Settings and made myself and a colleague 'Co-Author'.

However, that does not seem to have worked as I do not have that shared Xerte in my Xerte account, and I should now see it, as I made myself Co-Author.

In Xerte Admin management I 'Changed ownership' of the Xerte which I had previously shared as co-author, and the Xerte is available in my Xerte account.

In this situation, it seems the best thing to do is to go in to Admin management, and use 'Change Ownership' and the end-user receiving this Xerte will have it with the same Xerte ID number, or in 'Properties' use the 'Give this project' function to make a copy to provide to the colleague, but tell the colleague that the copy Xerte is a different Xerte ID number.

Which option is best do you think?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search