Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

In Xerte Admin Management in Xerte account I see the same project multiple times 6 months 1 week ago #8728

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte community,
Has anyone experienced the same issue as I just have in that when I log in to 'management' for admin, when I look at projects under a user project, I see the same Xerte project displayed multiple times.

When I click on the same project with the same project ID number and same project title name, which displays multiple times, it is actually the one project as it has exactly the same detail on each, same date created, same number of views etc.

So it is as if multiple views are being displayed of the same Xerte project when you are in 'management' and have selected user projects and keyed in a user name to view their projects.

Please let me know if this is a known bug, or if I am unique in what I see.

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Xerte Admin Management in Xerte account I see the same project multiple times 6 months 1 week ago #8729

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi Anne,

This is a known issue. The project is shown for each user it is shared with. All point to the exact same record. We'll fix it in the next release.

Tom

In Xerte Admin Management in Xerte account I see the same project multiple times 6 months 1 week ago #8730

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Tom,
Thank you for your quick reply and confirming that this is a known issue.

Will it cause a problem if I 'Change Ownership' of the Xerte project?

I note that I see the Xerte project multiple times, as it displays each time it has been shared.

Will me changing ownership of the Xerte projects break any share of the project?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Anne

In Xerte Admin Management in Xerte account I see the same project multiple times 6 months 1 week ago #8731

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Not because of the multiple listings. However, we've had 2 reports that Changing ownership causes issues in 3.12. We're looking into that.

In Xerte Admin Management in Xerte account I see the same project multiple times 6 months 1 week ago #8734

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thank you Tom for investigating the issues which have been reported to you with 'Change ownership' and V3.12.

Please do let me know the progress and outcome, because I was just about to use 'Change ownership' with some Xerte content, but I will not use 'change ownership' until I hear with full confidence that it is okay to use in V3.12. Xerte projects are important and I don't want to risk.

I look forward to hearing from you, hopefully as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search