Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Import issue of LOs from a local to a public installation of Xerte 1 year 11 months ago #8097

• guidicini
  • guidicini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I have a LO created on a local installation of Xerte that I need to import on a public installation of Xerte itself.
I have done this operation for other LOs without particular problems but I am having issues with this one.
The LO in question is a 153 MB zip package.
I can export succesfully the LO from my local installation obtaining the zip archive.
When I try to import it on the public installation this is what happens:
1) I choose the import function, select the zip file and give it a name, then i press the Upload button
2) upload starts but it continues indefinitely (as it goes into a loop) without givin any error message (The upload button becomes a continuing "Uploading..." button
3) if, after a short while, I check with my ftp client what is happening in the Import folder of my Xerte public installation i can see the created folder with the zip file uploaded inside, but the upload seems to keep going on and on without an end.

Do you any suggestion on what I can tweak or check to fix this problem?

Apparently I experiment this issue only with this specific package. I have tried many times to export and import. WIth the same result.

Thank you a lot for any help you can give.

Fabrizio
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by guidicini.

Import issue of LOs from a local to a public installation of Xerte 1 year 11 months ago #8098

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi
it's likely that the package is exceeding the PHP upload limits on your public server. You'll need to increase those limits or if you can't then reduce the size of the zip before you upload. e.g. see if there is any unused media or media that can be reduced in size. or remove some of the media from the zip and then upload that to the project again once the zip has imported.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: guidicini

Import issue of LOs from a local to a public installation of Xerte 1 year 11 months ago #8099

• guidicini
  • guidicini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Ron,
thank you so much. That worked fine.
I didn't think about that fix because with the previous export/import activities I explicitly got the warning message about exceeding the php limits of the server. This time i didin't. In addition with other Learning Objects I just uploaded them as they were removing only after the public server import the unused media.
Thank you anyway because removing the unused media before exporting from the local installation that worked.
Best regards,
Fabrizio

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search