Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PDF document downloaded from Results page does not display all text (cuts off) 1 year 11 months ago #8092

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,
Another question, this time regarding the Results page and the downloaded PDF.

I have set up the Results page correctly and we need full results with a name entered.
The Results page is the last page but one 33/34 in the resource. The last page is the 'Thank you..........' text.
The Results page displays fine when playing the Xerte.
After clicking the Download button the PDF document is available. But the PDF document does not display all the text which is on the Results page and cuts text off on the right side of the page. Attached are screenshots.
Also, the Xerte closes so the end-users don't see the last page.

As far as i can see there is nothing wrong with the Xerte. (Ron, just in case you look at this Xerte, I have shared the 'test' Xerte with you, which is set up the same way as the different Xerte we intend to use with end-users).

Hopefully someone will know how to rectify this or let me know if I am setting up correctly.
I am particularly concerned that the Xerte closes (Edge and Firefox) and I think is open but minimised when using Chrome. I suppose I can inform end-users to use Chrome and add text instruction to hover the mouse over the Chrome icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the page to see the Xerte window and continue.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Anne
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PDF document downloaded from Results page does not display all text (cuts off) 1 year 11 months ago #8093

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
The layout issues were fixed in January in 3.10 (github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlineto...70fcfcb8bb786248d81e).

What version of Xerte are you using?

I have not seen the issue with the closing of the window and/or minimize issue.

PDF document downloaded from Results page does not display all text (cuts off) 1 year 11 months ago #8094

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
Hi Anne/Tom
The current version on Northampton production is 3.10 (git v3.10.4-14-g15a5515) but includes the security fixes too.
I quickly tested Anne's test LO and it seems this version doesn't include the results page fix for non-wrapping text so the install will need to be upgraded to include that fix
I couldn't fully reproduce the issue with the closing of the window but I suspect that's to do with browser or app settings. e.g. My Edge behaves like Chrome e.g. prompts to download the pdf and the LO remains open in it's original tab.
However my Firefox opens the pdf in the tab that the LO occupied so you can view and download from there but need to use the back button to return to the LO. I don't know if there is a setting in Firefox to change this behaviour or if there is something we should add to the download button code to force opening in a new window.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

PDF document downloaded from Results page does not display all text (cuts off) 1 year 11 months ago #8095

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
BTW Anne - can you check your test server version and if that is 3.10.5 (I can't remember or test without remoting in) then you can check the wrapping fix using your test server.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

PDF document downloaded from Results page does not display all text (cuts off) 1 year 11 months ago #8096

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron,
thank you for your response. The test server is not 3.10.5.

Both the test and the live server need to be updated please.
I will send a message via email and not on the forum with more details.
Many thanks
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search