Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7797

• JCJCJC
  • JCJCJC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I am having difficulty uploading a project from another user into my workspace. When I do, I get the error message 'dUnzip2: Trying to unzip a folder name 'filename/media/'. File transfer has failed'

Xerte appears to working fine otherwise. I am able to re-upload projects which I have created (i.e. download zip, then upload zip into workstation). The other user who created the project has had a third user upload the project without issue - so I assume the issue is with my setup.

I am using Xerte 3.10 via XAMPP on Mac.

I have also tried increasing both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size values in phpinfo.php which appears to have been an issue for other users, however this has not resolved the issue.

I would be very grateful for any advice you are able to provide, and can supply any other information that is helpful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7798

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Did you change the path that unzip complains about, or is it really 'filename/media/'? If yiu changed it, does it contain any illegal characters for paths on MacOS?

Also, are there any errors in the php/apache error log?

Because you are able to upload other projects, I think it's an issue with this particular project, and not your setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JCJCJC

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7799

• JCJCJC
Hi Tom, thank you for your very prompt reply

I have tried changing the name to see if that had anything to do with it, but I get the same error message as if I try to use the original name. There are no illegal characters as far as I can see

There do not appear to be any relevant errors in the error log, but just incase I am missing something:
Attachments:

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7800

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Don't know if this is going to help, but you can try to set $development to true on line 43 of config.php. After that, try again and see if there are any messages in the log.

Another thing you can do is check whether you have the php-zip extension enabled. This extension enables the native php zip to unzip which works better than the alternative implementation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JCJCJC

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7801

• JCJCJC
I have trying changing $development and re-trying the upload but unfortunately still nothing in the log

Sorry - this may be a silly questions - how would I check whether the I have the php-zip extension enabled?

Thank you again

Issues Uploading 2 years 4 months ago #7803

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I don't have a Mac, but On XAMPP on Windows you can browse to the xampp dashboard (normally http://localhost, of if you changed the port to 8000 http://localhost:8000).

There yoiu can access the PHPInfo tab. If the extension is enabled, you should see it in the list

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search