Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SCORM tracking data an hour out 2 years 5 months ago #7729

• ymoore
  • ymoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello again

We're stumped by this issue. SCORM objects from Xerte added to Moodle are recording events an hour ahead (so when a page has been viewed at 14:15 the tracking is recording it at 15:15). Both Moodle and Xerte servers are on the correct timezone. We can't see any other references/settings related to times so wonder if there's something in the SCORM settings when the packages are generated in Xerte. Could this be possible? Or is this a known issue already?

Thanks again for any advice.

Yvonne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SCORM tracking data an hour out 2 years 5 months ago #7730

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Xerte sends timestamp without a timezone to the LMS. I assume (because of previous messages) that you are using SCORM 2004. According to the documentation, timestamps without timezne should be interpreted as being localtime. Could it be that the LMS you are using interprets the timestamp as being UTC? I think it could account for the hour difference because of DST? So in the winter it would be correct.

Could you ask the LMS support if they know how timestamps are interpreted if no timezone is set?

The only way to really test this is to for example temporarily change the timezone of a PC (client) to for example CET or Amrican time, and see what happens then.

SCORM tracking data an hour out 2 years 5 months ago #7731

• ymoore
  • ymoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for the swift reply Tom, I'll pass that information on to see if we can figure it out.

SCORM tracking data an hour out 2 years 2 months ago #7833

• miwni
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 0
It might be but it isn't likely. Did you close/reopen, close/logout/login/reopen on various browsers? Have you looked at the attempt tracking? Does your site have a timeout setting? If you open a scorm and then leave it sit, if the network times the user out and then they start doing it again, it won't remember anything done after the timeout, which is a huge pain in the butt, however, if you warn them to close if they might be away for a length of time. also, does your Captivate module report interaction data? That can help...

Is reporting set to default, report at end or custom. Reporting at the end might interfere...I've never personally used that setting. Also, check the LMS advanced settings...it sounds like the never send resume data is not checked (it resumes for you) but it never hurts to check.

Do you have a table of contents? If you do and it allows them to go to pages already viewed but not unviewed, you might be able to see if it remembers where they were but just doesn't open or if it isn't tracking at all. Have you logged in as them? Seen what they are doing?

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search