Supporting each other

Community forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Projects reverting to previous versions 2 years 7 months ago #7665

• Sara N
  • Sara N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, myself and my colleague have both experienced our projects reverting to previous versions, so any changes that we've made have been lost. We'd both saved them using the "Publish" button and they'd definitely saved because other people had viewed the changes we'd made by opening the projects from the URLs. Has anyone else had this problem or know if it's something that can be fixed? Thanks, Sara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Projects reverting to previous versions 2 years 7 months ago #7666

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It will This will happen if you have more than one editor pointing to the same project (you or your colleegue). This is the reason why there is a locking mechanism, but that mechanism still allows you to overrule the lock.

Also, suppose you have a project open in an editor, and then you get a phonecall or otherwise distracted, and when you get back you open a new editor. You work in it and all is fine. Then you encounter the old editor and close it. It might overwite your work with the older version.

We're trying to prevent this from happening, but we don't know all the scenario's.

Also depends on the version of xerte. Could multiple instances of the editor be a cause in your case?

Projects reverting to previous versions 2 years 7 months ago #7667

• Sara N
  • Sara N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It's possible we may have had multiple editors open, it might be worth us making sure we only have one open at a time!
Thanks Tom

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search